The Dalemain House, located in the countryside of the English Lake District, where has been used as a scenery of Peter Rabbit movie and The Historic Garden with an area of 20,000 square meters is far from London to the North about 480km.
The Marmalade Award & Festival where marmalade lovers around the world gather annually in March is held there. We; Nihon-Sogo-Engei have been involved in planning and development of citrus products since 2018, and this time have exhibited for the first time.
As a result, we were able to make a great achievement by won 3 Gold medal, 6 Silver medal and 2 Bronze medal. The Dalemain House & Historic Garden where we only wished to visit once, are very impressed with the award.
This garden is called the magic garden and is regarded as the heart of the British people.
In 2013, it was awarded to the most beautiful gardens in the UK and also named the Garden of the Year. Jane Hasell-McCosh; the 12th generation-in-law's wife, have grown about 1000 varieties of flowers while making improvements to this garden since 1675.
The garden seems to be lost in the world of a picture book, it consists of a terrace garden, a knot garden that creates patterns with a hedgerow, a perennial flower border garden, a row garden, a raised upper garden, and Himalayan blue poppy is popular as “phantom flower” blooming in low garden, attracts lovers all over the world, not only in Europe.
I can’t see the flower blooming because the flowering time is very short only two weeks from mid-June to mid-July but I sincerely hoped to visit again someday.
The Dalemain House started construction from the 12th century Norman Dynasty and was completed in 1744. It was built from stone tudors to the early Georgian and with the age-leading architecture. There are many antique furniture and decorations inside. It seems that the knot garden is built on the ceiling of this house, designed in 1550, as a motif.
Wherever we look, we can see clearly that the history and thoughts of our predecessors are inherited.
The discovery of the old marmalade recipe from the 1630s led to a revelation that this Marmalade Award began as well as Jane's desire to connect the thoughts of our predecessors to future generations.
Green of lime is beautiful, adult flavor marmalade
Lime marmalade is beautifully colored by the green of hulls. It is a refreshing feeling that fresh fragrance come up to the nose has never been done before. Simple, sour and bitter adult taste! It goes well with gin and tequila.
A harmony of taste with three types of grapefruit
Given the balance of acidity, sweetness and bitterness, we used 3 types of grapefruit: Ruby, Duncan and Sweet. The pale pink of hull and the salmon pink of flesh are very beautifully finished.
- Refreshing marmalade of fully ripened lemon
- The raw materials are only lemon and beet sugar that simply. In order to finish it with a transparent lemon color, we also stick to the manufacturing method. You can enjoy the refreshing acidity of lemon and not too sweet.
- Enjoy the sweet and nostalgic flavor of Amazake
- Reduce the amount of sugar by using sweet sake. This marmalade is good for health with the flavor of Koji malted rice that standing out in the light sweetness.
- Mojito Marmalade using Sake
- A rare type of marmalade containing alcohol. We use sake instead of rum and cook with mint tea. It goes well with cream cheese and is perfect for serving with sake.
- Collaboration of Amanatsu and fully ripened kiwifruit representing our farm
- It is a marmalade that combines the sweetness and sourness of seasonal Amanatsu and fully ripened kiwifruit. The crispy texture of kiwi fruit is addictive.
- A marmalade of a rare variety "Yuge hyokan" that hull is soft and perfect for marmalade
- It is a marmalade using the plenty of firm sweet flesh and all thin skin. Please enjoy the crisp texture as the hull is cut in thickness
- Marmalade with plenty of seasonal amanatsu
- Carefully slice the Amanatsu peel in exquisite thickness to reduce bitterness and remain the texture. It is a marmalade that has a slight bitter taste for Amanatsu and a refreshing sour taste of rich lemon with the unrefined Kagoshima prefecture's raw sugar.